All required items must be attained by one year's time. Loaner gear is limited! Those having all required items at their fourth event will be promoted to Oberschutze during their membership ceremony.
- Ask your Officer and NCO's before buying, and SHOP, SHOP and SHOP!
-The unit commander will set the camo type to be used at events. Heer camo is unacceptable.
-Web gear is generally frowned upon. SSLAH received the best-that means leather.
-Jackboots are encouraged, SSLAH was heavily-issued these until the end of the war.
-Optional and personal items are strongly encouraged. Don't forget that half our shows are public, plus these items are also useful in the field. Make sure to show all no regulation items you plan to show and use at events to the Unit Command NCO for approval in camp and at events.
It is very important that you make contact with the unit command NCO if you have any questions about items you have or are considering buying BEFORE you bring them and start wearing them at events.
IMPORTANT UNIT RULES!
*Any and all uniform items or uniform accessories are at the discretion of the Unit Commander.
* Visor Caps (any type includes crusher) are reserved for Officers only. The use Visor Caps by anyone other than an officer must be approved by the Unit Commander in advance of the member wearing it.
* Oak type m-40, 42 camo caps are reserved for Officers and NCOs only. Use of this cap must be approved by the Command NCO before the member wears it.
* The wearing of a side arm is reserved for Officers and NCOs only. Use and carry can be approved by the Commanding Officer for tactical events provided the safety check is completed and the Officer is asked before the unit member carries the side arm.
* Any non standard or pre war uniforms are not encouraged at events. The use must be approved by the Unit Commander BEFORE the item is to be worn.
Required Items List/ Suggested Items
| Required Items in Preferred Styles||Alternative(s) ||Unacceptable |
Stahlhalm: M-40, M-42; single decal;feldgrau
|M-35; 2 decal, 0 decal; camo||Spanish, plastic|
Helmet Cover: Oak A,B,blurred edge (BE), plain tree (PT)
|Foliage net, chicken wire, inner tube||Dot44|
Feldmutze: Wool M-43 (single or double button), M-40
| M-35 (officer)|| Euro Conversions|
Feldbluse: Wool M-40,M-43
Camo Top: Type II Smock; Oak A, B, BE, PT
Hose: Wool M37-M43
| None. || Euro Conversions|
Stiefel: Jackboots*, Low books
| *Rubber soles|| Work Boots|
KoppelschloB: SS;non-painted, painted, aluminum
Y-Straps: Black leather
| None. ||Postwar, Flsrmjgr,etc|
|K98 Ammo Pouches: x2 Black|| None. ||None.|
Brotbeutel: Green, tan any issued bread bag
| Luftwaffe ||None.|
Feldflasche: .6L("small"),metal cup
|Quality Conversion;any color plastic cup||None.|
| short top postwar||None.|
Mess Utensils: Spork/Spoon
|3- piece|| None.|
Bayonet/Frog: black leather,standard or "SS"
| with or w/o loop||None.|
| Optional Items in Preferred Style||Alternative(s)||Unacceptable|
| Uniform: HBT||None.||None.|
| Camo Hose: Oak A, B, BE, PT, ||Italian,Dot44||None.|
Shovel: straight,blued or painted black
|Folding;gray or green||None.|
|Gas Mask Canister: tall style||None.||Civilian "Auer"|
| Gas Cape Bag: Cloth or rubberized||None.||None.|
Zeltbahn: Oak A,B,BE,PT
| French,Early Postwar|| Odd camo|
Butterdose: any color of original,postwar,or repro
|Sport Shirt Patch: SSLAH emblem||Siegrunen||None.|
Taschenlampe: 3-color style
| Single Color||None.|